Image Map

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where I Teach Wednesday

Hola! I stopped by my classroom on the way to have a nice lunch with my daughter and snapped a few pics. My school is in the suburbs of NY and I am in an older building (much older) so I have to make the most of my space. Believe me it does not compare to some of your beautiful modern classrooms. So here it goes...
In memory of Maurice Sendak(my daughter's fave author) ! My firsties will make All About Me
little monsters using a glyph. I'll post them when they are done!

Reading Corner/Meeting Area (double duty)
Thanks to First Grade Parade for the daily number practice idea. I have the schedule cards too (still cutting/laminating them.
Meeting Area/Word Work/Math Stations

Listening Center
New and improved: Double duty files and felt board, Etsy containers from Target hold all of my books on tape/CD. Love, love, love!
Decals are from HomeGoods and they peel off. 
Writing Center and Word Wall to the left. That's where I store my Words on the Go/Personal dictionaries in library pockets and other fun writing stuff.

Glad you stopped by room 17! Click below to continue the Wednesday Blog Hop!

Keep the Magic!- Evelyn




1 comment:

  1. your room is coming along nicely. i am a new blogger too. hopefully we can help each other out. enjoy your year.

    Come check out my new blog/classroom. love to have new visitors :)

    Melissa
    Pre-Schooler Daze

    ReplyDelete