Image Map

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Meet the Teacher Linky



Hola! My name is Evelyn and I'm back blogging. Thanks to Becca from Jumping Jax Designs for my redesign. Loving it and I'm ready to start my dash to blogging, creating and making new teacher buds!

I taught 1st Grade for 12 years with a splash of Kindergarten. This year I'm moving up to 2nd Grade. I will be teaching in a general ed class with an ESL cluster. But I did teach Dual Language for 8 years. I love my school district where I work (talk about a diverse community). I'm a transplanted Manhattanite to the suburbs of New York. 

I'm a wife to a fabulous hubby who always keeps things interesting and a mom to two beautiful young ladies. So yes we are NEW empty nesters and enjoying each other again. 


Q. A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
I love to teach, yoga is my zen and running has become a recent passion, chatting with friends. Love to travel and finding the perfect beach is a plus! Bags, I love bags everything from Timbuk2 to pretty satchels. 


Q. IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?Something outdoors and environmental, NO OFFICE JOB EVER! I would also like to teach in another country some day. 

Q. THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Determined, Loyal, Organized 

Q. FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"
"YAY Vacation is OVER, said no teacher EVER!!" 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
My family and friends that make me happy. 

Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
Photographic Memory, please.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
“Don't give in to your fears. If you do, you won't be able to talk to your heart.” ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me- Elton John

Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
Morning during the school year, Night Owl in the summer.  


Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

On the M13 and Beyond. (It's the bus that basically took me to all of my schools through HS and then out of the city as I slowly made my way to the 'burbs.) 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
I only have a few items but I love my File Folder Themed Vocabulary Words, my students love to use these lil' dictionaries especially my ELL's and they are FREE.

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 
I LOVE TV. I always have the telly on the minute I walk in the house. I guess even more so now that my house is so quiet with my girls out on their own. 


Now it's your turn to join the Linky, Have a SUPER school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment