Image Map

Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to School Teacher Week: Who


ME
Hi, I'm Evelyn and a newbie second grade teacher. I taught first grade for 12 years and kindergarten Kinder for 3. I teach in NY in a great school district that is very diverse. I have an ELL cluster and always on the lookout for great ideas to help them. Born and raised  in NYC I lived most of my life in the city but now I'm loving the quiet of the suburbs.

FAMILY
I'm also a wife to my hubby who is my HS sweetheart. He always makes me laugh and is full of energy for the two of us. Together we have two beautiful daughters. Our girls have graduated and are trying things on their own. I miss, miss, miss them. But hey that's why I teach littles.

LOVES
I love yoga and recently started running. I did my first Color Run this Spring and getting ready for Shapes Diva Dash. I love to travel and we try to getaway when ever we can. Currently writing this post from Quebec City, a beautiful city. It's Europe without jet lag. Beach vacations are my most fave along with some paddling and snorkeling. Ahhhhhhh heaven.

I love visiting farmers markets in my area and  snuggling in bed on a rainy day watching TV. On rainy days in the summer I open every window in the house to listen to the rain.

I love Levi's, bracelets... all kinds my new fave is Alex and Ani, shopping for new pens and other school gadgets. A good pen is important to us teachers. : )

My favorite movies are You've Got Mail and The Devil Wears Prada. My fave book is The Alchemist.

Thanks for stopping by. Your turn to LINK UP! Have a super year.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Evelyn...
    You've Got Mail is one of my favorite movies too! I also liked The Devil Wears Prada. Meryl Streep is pretty awesome!

    Good luck on your first year in second grade. I teach second grade and love it! :)
    Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches :o)

    ReplyDelete